35Pharma is a fast growing, values driven biotechnology company based in Montreal, Canada. We are currently looking for a full-time proactive, positive and self-motivated (Senior) Director of Translational Science / Biology who will join our growing team to develop medicines that radically transform patients’ lives.
This position will be integral to the translation of our discovery programs into clinical development. Under the direction of the Chief Scientific Officer and in collaboration with the Clinical and Discovery teams, the (Senior) Director, Translational Science / Biology will lead our mode of action studies across pre-clinical experiments and early clinical trials with a shared commitment to high quality and performance.
The position would be an excellent fit for a professional with demonstrated experience developing and executing biomarker discovery strategies, assessing PK/PD relationships and supporting the translation of early-stage drug discovery programs into the clinic.
You will love this job if:
- You have a passion for science and drug development
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with lots of responsibility and opportunity to learn
- You enjoy working as a team player and value good communication
- Provides scientific leadership in areas of biomarker discovery, development and translational science working with multiple cross-functional teams
- People management: Coach, develop and supervise a team of highly motivated translational scientists and research associates
- Collaborate with Preclinical Development, Clinical Operations teams, and external experts as appropriate to develop scientifically rigorous translational and exploratory biomarker strategies that assess mode of action and PK/PD relationships across pre-clinical studies and clinical trials
- Support scientific input and review of all translational medicine aspects of clinical and regulatory documents, including but not limited to development plans, study protocols, laboratory manuals, clinical study reports, regulatory submissions, and responses to any regulatory questions, etc.
- Propose and develop innovative methods and technologies as well as new directions for project development
- Function as a scientific and business thought-leader inside and outside of the company and a key link to external scientific and medical community
- Provide oversight of external vendors who are delegated responsibilities
The successful candidate will exhibit the following minimum profile:
- PhD (and/or MD) with primary focus in either Cellular or Molecular Biology, Medicine, Pharmacology or a related field with at least 10 years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience in pre-clinical / early clinical or translational science
- Thorough understanding of clinical trials and clinical strategy, experience with drug development as well as the assessment of PD markers in a clinical setting
- Proven ability to drive and influence projects from discovery through early clinical development with a focus on providing clinical proof of biology
- Expertise assessing and developing PK/PD relationships
- Expertise in establishing and running preclinical studies
- Familiarity with data management and visualization tools and collaborating with computational biology experts to analyze complex genomic and proteomic data sets
- Experienced line and matrix manager
- Flexible, independent and self-motivated, able to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Generous private health insurance
- Paid public transit
- Beautiful office space in Montreal’s Old Port
- Onsite yoga and healthy snacks
- A team and culture committed to learning and high performance
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation and relevant experience for the role to email@example.com – we are looking forward to hearing from you!
Biotech, Translational Biology, Drug Development, Biomarkers