35Pharma is a fast growing, values-driven biotechnology company based in Montreal, Canada, currently looking for a highly motivated and pro-active Discovery Scientist who will join our growing team in our mission to develop medicines that radically transform patients’ lives.
In close collaboration with your protein engineering and production colleagues, you will be in charge of designing and developing new methods for the characterization of our pre-clinical drug candidates as well as elaborating functional screening assays and target validation in relevant in vitro models.
This is an opportunity to play an integral part in progressing drug candidates through the discovery stage towards patients worldwide. The position would be an excellent fit for early career professionals looking to gain knowledge within the field of pharmaceutical biotechnology or experienced professionals ready to take on a leadership role within discovery and/or preclinical research.
You will love this job if:
- You have a passion for science and drug development
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with lots of responsibility and opportunity to learn
- You are a self-starter who enjoys working as a team player and value good communication
- Propose new screening concepts and new target proposals related to our areas of interest
- This position requires thorough hands-on knowledge of cutting-edge molecular and cellular techniques. Expertise in immunology an asset.
- Collaborate with other scientists to bring new innovative, approaches to the group
- Collaborate with the leadership team to formulate short- and long-range goals for the scientific operation of the Facility
- Analyse data, prepare presentations and reports and present to colleagues and management
- Work closely with members of other departments to ensure that a coordinated effort can be made to rapidly advance new projects to the clinic
- Train and coordinate the activities of the research associates to achieve the company’s objectives
The successful candidate will exhibit the following minimum profile:
- Life Science PhD (Biology, Pharmacology, Medicine, Biochemistry, etc.)
- Strong background in molecular biology and cell culture
- Experience in protein biochemistry, including expression and purification of recombinant proteins
- Familiarity with procedures of animal experiments
- Flexible, independent and self-motivated, able to handle multiple tasks and priorities, ability to adapt
- Highly meticulous with excellent attention to detail
- Very good oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with all levels of management and departments within the company
- An unwavering commitment to the highest quality of work, research ethics and willingness to learn
Any of these qualifications in addition would be a huge plus:
- Documented industry experience and successful track record, particularly within assay development and validation
- Significant experience with cell-based functional assays and protein function methods (BLI, ELISA, reporter-based assays)
- Experience in pharmacokinetic methods and analysis
- Background in cardiopulmonary or cardiometabolic diseases
- Generous private health insurance
- Paid public transit
- Beautiful office space in Montreal’s Old Port
- Onsite yoga and healthy snacks
- A strong team and culture committed to learning and high performance
Contact Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation and relevant experience for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “35Pharma Posting SD0329” in the subject line – we are looking forward to hearing from you!